Giudecca

Friday, October 13, 2006

Siobhan Rigg artist talk

I have not been able to go to any artist talks this year besides this one, but the talk was very interesting. I liked all of her her projects and found them very imaginitive but my favorite two were "Welcome to the C district" and "redistribution." I think redistribution was somewhat revelent to what we are learning now:motion pictures. I liked how Rigg moved the cards which created a movie of what was occuring in all those pictures. C district was interesting because it was a mobile performance. With most performances, everything is traditionaly done on a stage, but these performances were done all around the city. In a way it was blurring real life and cinema together.
Rigg's current project is about filming places around route one. I feel like this project relates to me because the highway runs up and down the east coast and the east coast of the United States is the only part of the world i have been too. It's unfortunate that she did not complete this project because maybe some of the film would have reminded me of some places i have gone to. I wish her the best of luck with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home